to ensure everyone gets the most out of our lane swimming sessions, it would help if everyone adhered to some basic points.
- Pick a lane most suitable to your ability before entering the pool.
- Wait until swimmers have turned and pushed off before entering the pool.
- Swim clockwise/anticlockwise according to the lane that you are in.
- Be aware of other swimmers entering the pool.
- Be willing to switch lane if your swimming speed is not similar to the others in the lane.
- rest in the corner of the lane when you stop.
- give way to faster swimmers at the end of the lane.
- be conscious of oncoming swimmers and only overtake when it is clear.
- be aware of other swimmers needing to pass if you are using kickboards or pull buoys.