At Pembroke Leisure Centre your swimming lessons journey will be:
Please take note of the following terms and conditions of your booking, following these guidelines allows us to ensure swimming lessons are safe and meet current government guidance related to Covid-19.
- If your child or any member of your household has experienced or been in contact with anyone displaying any covid symptoms in the past 7 days then do not attend your lesson.
- Due to covid restrictions we ask that only one adult accompanies a child to their swimming lesson.
- Please arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before the lesson start time.
- Children that have lessons in the main pool will enter via the main entrance and enter onto poolside via the poolside door. Children in the learner pool will enter the building via the steps to the right of the building. All children will exit via their designated changing rooms. Anyone requiring use of the lift may enter via the main entrance.
- Your child will not be permitted to attend the lesson if you arrive after your lesson start time.
- A face mask must be worn by everyone aged 11 and over at all times in the centre.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times within the centre. One way systems must be followed.
- Responsible adults of all children will be allowed to stay within the building, with those supervising children under 8 given priority to viewing areas where possible. If your child is aged 8 or over we encourage you to wait in your car if possible.
- Parents will be directed to wait in a designated area within the facility (which may not allow for viewing of the lesson).
- You are encouraged not to bring additional children to the facility. If this cannot be avoided, you will need to communicate this to the centre before lessons commence. Unlike in school settings, it is encouraged that whilst in a leisure centre that social distancing is adhered to by children of all ages.
- Please have your child swim ready with their costume on under their clothes or towel. You will be able to undress your child on poolside and place their belongings into a storage box provided (children under 8 years of age).
- You will be able to get your child dressed after the lesson in the changing rooms. The changing rooms are now mixed sex; please accompany your child in the changing room. Please change quickly and leave via the designated exit. Shower facilities are not available at this time.
- Please do not wear outdoor footwear on poolside.
- Our teachers won’t be able to help adjust goggles, so please make sure if your child wishes to wear them they can do this themselves.
- Anti-bacterial spray and cleaning materials will be provided for your use in the waiting areas and hand sanitiser is available throughout the centre.
- All swimming lessons will be taught from poolside in order to maintain social distancing. Fixed buoyancy aids will be provided however should you like to bring your own please bring them with you. Suitable fixed buoyancy aids include arm discs, arm bands and puddle jumpers and should not be able to be easily removed by the swimmer.
In the event of a pool closure, we will make every attempt to contact our customers as soon as possible. Please ensure you follow us on Facebook