At Fishguard Leisure Centre your swimming lessons journey will be:
- Enter through the main door at reception.
- Each individual wave will have a waiting area in reception where they will be greeted by their teacher.
- From there follow the teacher to the changing village one wave at a time and straight onto poolside, entering through the learner pool shutter and then directed by their teacher to their designated lesson area.
- To exit the pool after the lesson swimmers will be directed by the teacher via the main pool shutter to their designated changing area, either the changing cubicles or the changing rooms. This will all be clearly sign posted as to what waves will be changing where and how many people can enter each changing room.
- Once swimmers have dressed then exit the building via the fire exit into the car park.
Please take note of the following terms and conditions of your booking and some changes which we have made to ensure swimming lessons are safe and meet current government guidance related to Covid-19.
- If your child or any member of your household has experienced or been in contact with anyone displaying any covid symptoms in the past 7 days then do not attend your lesson.
- Due to covid restrictions we ask that only one adult accompanies a child to their swimming lesson.
- Please ensure your child has been to the toilet and had a shower before your arrival to the centre. Toilets are available at the centre, however shower facilities are currently not provided.
- Please arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before the lesson start time.
- You will not be permitted to attend your lesson if you arrive after your lesson start time.
- A face mask must be worn by everyone aged 11 and over at all times in the centre.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times within the centre. One way systems must be followed.
- Responsible adults of all children will be allowed to stay within the building, with those supervising children under 8 given priority to viewing areas where possible. If your child is aged 8 or over we encourage you to wait in your car if possible.
- We may be asking parents to wait in a designated area within the facility (which may not allow for viewing of the lesson).
- You are encouraged not to bring additional children to the facility while one swimmer is taking part in a lesson. If this cannot be avoided, you will need to communicate with the centre via email or phone to ensure that maximum numbers are not exceeded within the facility.
- If additional siblings must come with you then it is essential that they are kept apart from all others within the facility, this will be the responsibility of the responsible adult. Unlike in school settings, it is encouraged that whilst in a leisure centre that social distancing is adhered to by children of all ages.
- Please have your child swim ready with their costume on under their clothes or towel. You will be able to undress your child on poolside and place their belongings into a storage box provided.
- We recommend all swimmers wear loose fitting clothing that is easy to remove and replace quickly before and after the lesson.
- Children attending lessons at 15:30 can change prior to the lessons starting in the relevant changing room for their wave.
- Where facilities allow you will be able to get your child dressed after the lesson in the changing rooms. Please do this quickly and then leave via the designated exit.
- To aid social distancing and maximum number requirements, in the changing rooms there may be a combination of boys and girls.
- If changing rooms are not available, then swimmers will need to towel off and dress on the poolside.
- Please do not wear outdoor footwear on poolside.
- Our teachers won’t be able to help adjust goggles, so please make sure if your child wishes to wear them they can do this themselves.
- Anti-bacterial spray and cleaning materials will be provided for your use in the waiting areas and hand sanitiser is available throughout the centre.
- All swimming lessons will be taught from poolside in order to maintain social distancing. Fixed buoyancy aids will be provided however should you like to bring your own please bring them with you. Suitable fixed buoyancy aids include arm discs, arm bands and puddle jumpers and should not be able to be easily removed by the swimmer.
- In the event of a pool closure, we will make every attempt to contact our customers as soon as possible. Please ensure you follow us on Facebook.