Swimming is Back!
Swimming has returned to Pembrokeshire Leisure and we can’t wait to get you back into the water safely.Here is all the information you will need to enjoy your return to our pools.
When visiting our facilities please adhere to our Covid policy which you can find HERE.
Booking your session
- You will need to pre-book all activities with us in advance. Book HERE or easily through our APP
- You can either take out our BeActive membership, re-start your annual or 6 month membership or pay as you go (while direct debit/annual pre-paid memberships remain frozen).
- You can find out session times HERE or view them all on our Pembs Leisure App.
What sessions will be available?
- We are offering a phased return to the pool. Lane swimming sessions will be the main offer initially.
- You have the option to book either the Leisurely swimming lane or the Medium-Fast lane.
- There will not be the option to swim widths.
- We will be introducing a wider variety of sessions in due course.
Arriving at the pool
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your session
- When you arrive at the pool use the designated entrance. This will be in the following locations:
Haverfordwest – Main Entrance
Milford Haven – Pool fire exit doors
Tenby – Main Entrance
Pembroke – Main Entrance
Crymych – Main Entrance
Fishguard – Top car park entrance
- You will be asked some Covid-19 related health questions.
- Sanitise your hands and the staff member will check you in and direct you to your allocated changing area on the poolside.
- Once changed, follow the directions of the staff member and enter the pool into your chosen lane.
- All swimmers are advised to shower at home before attending their chosen leisure centre.
- You will need to arrive to the pool ‘Beach Ready’. This means you should come with your bathing costume on underneath your clothes and we recommend you wear loose fitting clothing that will be easy to remove and replace. We also recommend you wear shoes that will be easy to remove and replace, like flip flops or sliders. Footwear needs to be removed before entering poolside.
- When you arrive for your swim you will be allocated an area on the poolside to change. A box will be provided for you to store your belongings.
- Please only bring the essentials, lockers will not be available.
- In Haverfordwest leisure centre after your swim you will be able to change in a cubicle in the changing village.
- In all other pools you will need to towel off and dress on the poolside.
- Showers will not be available.
- There should be no nudity on poolside
- No swimming costumes are to be removed on poolside.
When you’re in the water…
- You will need to swim clockwise
- There will be a maximum number of 10 swimmers per lane, 7 in Haverfordwest (maximum numbers based on lane capacity and maximum numbers allowed within the pool hall. Numbers have been calculated to allow for social distancing in line with guidance from Swim Wales the national governing body)
- Avoid gathering at the end of the lane
- If you need to let someone pass, wait in the corner of the pool
- Maintain a safe social distance
- Follow the instructions given by the lifeguard
- When you are in the pool the lifeguards may direct you into a different lane, please follow their instructions.
After your swim
- At the end of the session the lifeguard will blow the whistle. Exit the pool as directed and return to your allocated box.
- Either towel off and dress in the loose, comfortable clothing you wore to the pool. In Haverfordwest proceed to the changing village.
- Showers will not be available.
- No swimming costumes are to be removed on poolside
Once dressed, follow the directions of the staff member to the exit. Sanitise your hands and leave the facility.