Pembrokeshire Leisure News
We have missed you!
As the government progresses the partial lifting of the lockdown, we are pleased to announce we are getting ready to welcome you back safely. Whilst the official opening date for leisure centres in Wales is the 10th of August, Pembrokeshire Leisure will be opening its doors for the use of Fitness Suites at Fishguard Leisure Centre, Haverfordwest Leisure Centre, Milford Haven Leisure Centre, Pembroke Leisure Centre & Tenby Leisure Centre on the 17th of August to ensure a safe return. On the 1st September Crymych Leisure Centre will also be opening and we intend to have swimming pools, indoor fitness classes and facility hire available at all Centres. Due to the current restrictions and necessary safety measures that we have to take we have decided on a phased approach to re-opening. This process and the re-opening of further facilities will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. We apologise to all members who may be affected.
We are sharing with you how we plan to open our leisure centres, gyms and swimming pools safely.
To keep you and our team safe, things will be different to how they were before the lockdown. We have been working extremely hard to plan how we can open safely, giving you the reassurance you need to enjoy your return.
Leisure Centres across the County are at the heart of our community and this will not change, we still have the same vision. Here is an insight of what’s happening as we continue to move forward together:-
What can I expect?
Reopening plans are being focused to ensure that you have safe and clean facilities which make the most of indoor and outdoor space, allowing you to exercise at a safe social distance.
To take care of your safety we will work with you to manage customer flow and social distancing on every visit.
- Please be patient with one another when we re-open as processes will be new to us all and may take some getting used to.
- We ask you to be respectful of others and keep a safe physical distance from one another.
- We will manage the number of customers in the building at any one time and limit the numbers where necessary.
- Gym equipment will be setout differently and we may use other areas of the centre to allow more space to exercise.
- You will need to book and pay for all of your activities before visiting the centre and you will only be allowed into the facility if you have pre-booked. This will allow us to manage user numbers (pre – booking commencing Tuesday 11th August).
- Please visit our website, use our app or call us on 01437 775504 (telephone bookings available Monday to Thursday 9am – 3pm up until the 17th August – times will increase thereafter) to book your session.
- Our team have been trained to monitor and guide everyone through a safe and enjoyable visit so please do not be offended if we take some of your time to remind you of our guidelines while you are on site.
- The building may operate a one-way system which will be clearly signposted and must be adhered to at all times. Our staff will also be on hand to help you.
- You will see lots of signage and hear frequent announcements to remind everyone about maintaining a safe social distance.
High levels of cleanliness and hygiene will always be maintained. Please help us with this.
- We will have an enhanced cleaning regime in place.
- There will be hand sanitising stations located around your centre for you to use.
- Customers will need to use the provided disinfectant and cleaning products to clean equipment before and after use.
- While users are encouraged to bring and use their own face towels while they are working out, please do not use them for wiping down the equipment.
- Our changing rooms will remain closed so please come prepared for your workout. (This will be reviewed over time).
- Drinking fountains will not be available to use so please bring pre-filled water bottles. (This will be reviewed over time).
- Please note, no bookings or payments can be taken at the centre. All activities must be prepaid in advance.
What about my membership?
Currently there is no need to contact us, all memberships are frozen with no payments being taken.
Now that we have a confirmed opening date, to allow our members to return to us when they feel safe and happy to do so we will be offering the following.
If you are ready to return to us:
- Everyone with a frozen current membership will be able to access the fitness suite for free from the 17th to the 31st August.
- We will be offering a “BeActive” membership while our facilities have a limited offering at £19/month.
- You will need to sign up to the membership using our app or website. If this is an issue you may need to phone your local centre.
- This membership will be paid on a monthly basis with no minimum term.
- It will be available until our centres are able to offer a more complete selection of activities, when existing membership subscriptions will be restarted.
There will be more information regarding the BeActive membership sent to all members now that we know the opening date, including the links of where to sign up.(Or alternatively, all information will be advertised on our website and Pembrokeshire Leisure App. If you are unclear on the process of re-joining please contact telephone number 01437 775504 (Monday – Thursday 9am – 3pm initially).
If you don’t feel ready to return to us yet:
- All memberships will remain frozen and you will not need to contact us until you are ready to return.
- All subscriptions will receive an extension as appropriate.
- When we are able to offer a more complete provision of activities then memberships will be restarted. Members will be given notice before the payments are taken.
If you don’t have a membership
You will be able to book and pay for your fitness suite session on a booking by booking basis (Pre – booking commencing Tuesday 11th August). Bookings can be made via the website, via the Pembrokeshire Leisure App or on the phone (01437 775504 Monday to Thursday 9am – 3pm).
In order to make a reservation you will need to be a registered user of Pembrokeshire Leisure. You can register via the website or on the phone (01437 775504 Monday to Thursday 9am – 3pm)
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to our facilities and look forward to seeing you very soon!
We will continue to keep you updated with the latest information through our website, email, our App and social media platforms (Facebook: Pembrokeshire Leisure).
Pembrokeshire County Council
Telephone 01437 775504
Pembrokeshire Leisure APP (available on Android and Apple)